2.00pm – 4.00pm, Art Exchange
Come along and join us for a fun packed family day, full of activities inspired by the ‘Fuel for Thought’ exhibition which explores the relationship between people and the environment.
Using the exhibition as our stimulus, this hands-on workshop will allow children to consider climate change in a tangible and creative way. Using recycled objects and a wide range of art materials the children will create impactful 3D sculptures that reflect their thoughts and ideas about the world they are growing up in.
Our family days are always creative, fun and low pressure. We encourage families to work together to create their own new piece of artwork, this time under the fantastic guidance of visiting artist Tom Armstrong.
What to bring…
If possible, please bring an object or two to include in your sculpture! Anything from a cereal box, plastic milk bottle or something a little unusual will be very helpful. Just make sure it’s clean and safe to use.
• Please meet at Art Exchange at 14:00 for a tour of the exhibition. The workshop is taking place in the ground floor of the Ivor Crewe Building.
• This workshop is suitable for children 3+.
• Parking charges apply do not apply at the weekend.
• All children must be accompanied by an adult and all adults must be accompanied by a child– make sure you both book onto the activity!
• Children should bring a bottle of water as this might be thirsty work.
• It is recommended that children and helpers where clothes they can get creative in!
• Children are asked to arrive promptly for the start-time so they can find out about each of the activities.
• We try to ensure that all our activities are as widely accessible as possible. Please let us know if anyone in your party have any disabilities or special requirements when you book so that we can advise or make any alterations necessary.
• If you have any questions please get in touch with Clare Ruffle. E. firstname.lastname@example.org T. 01206 873883
If you’re no longer able to attend the workshop please cancel your tickets via Eventbrite or get in touch with Clare, email@example.com. This means we’ll be able to allocate your tickets to a family on our waiting list.